Just a lyric from a song that is amazing to vocalise to.
I think there are a few things I’m particularly happy about now:
- I’m starting university classes next week and I’m not 20 yet! WHAAAAT. Mission accomplished!
- I don’t need to return to BD for the next 4.5 years- well the next 3 years at least (except in, Allah forbid, emergencies). I have a unit overload in my degree, so I’ll have to… Idk, I;ll figure it out, orientation week isn’t over yet.
- I’m not freaking out about my uncertsin future anymore, I’ve got solid subjects and progression plans by which I can create a definite career for myself at amost any point in life, if only because I have confidence in my own stubborn-to-a-fault determination.
- My weight loss is so noticeable that people commented on it over video call. OMG, REALLY? (ignores the fact that I’ve been stress eating for the last week)
- I only occasionally burst into random tears because I’m scared to death about the things only The Omnipotent can control. I call that mental progress, since I don’t have high blood pressure related issues either.
Alhamdulillah. I’m realising Malaysia is increasingly pleasurable to live in. If I didn’t have a major issue with the climate, I might decide to stay here. But I can’t- thank you, allergies and hatred of hot temperatures. I have Cheetos, Halal Subway, Bubba Gump STEAKS. What else does a hangry girl need? Nothing. (Food-ly speaking)
And I don’t wanna jinx it by putting it in writing, but who’m I kidding? I write everything down. Tashfia maaaaaaaaybe joining me next year. InshaAllah. I crazy crazy hope so. I need her, even if I’ll probably never admit it in spoken words. Maybe one day if I’m high on pain meds or something. MAYBE. She’s a good friend, and maybe in her own way, one of the best kinds. Speaking to her kinda takes the edge off the lingering pain. Or maybe I should say everlastnig, but hey, I ain’t complaining. We all need loss in life to keep us grateful for what remains. Always stay grateful. InshaAllah, that is what brings the good things coming our way.